I Got Skills – Music Video Resumé
It can be hard to stand out in a growing job market filled with smart and talented candidates right after college, especially when you’re changing careers at 41 years old. How do you do it?
A music video resumé, of course.
What started as a quick jingle with just me and my guitar turned into a full blown production.
To learn more about me, read my post titled Joyfear.
Please enjoy and share. Your support might just lead me to an exciting new career.
As a cutting-edge digital marketing professional with loads of management experience, I can manage your content and digital marketing efforts effectively. My strategy is simple: plan carefully, communicate clearly, and manage proactively. My skills include content marketing, audio/video production, and creative writing. I’m ready to help your business thrive!
Creative Team Intern
The Public Interest Network | Mar 2018 – May 2018
- Write, edit and proofread emails, newsletters and campaign materials
- Design graphics for emails, newsletters and social media campaigns
- Develop content and execute ideas for social media campaigns and memes
- Synthesize technical, text-heavy articles into engaging, interactive web pages
Content Developer Intern
Plural Additive Manufacturing | Jul 2017 – Sept 2017
Worked with management team to understand high-level messaging and strategy. Wrote copy for email campaigns. Produced, planned, and published on-brand content in a scheduled manner across multiple media.
- Created and managed comprehensive content plan for social media
- Conducted A|B experiments that increased email campaign open rates by 222.8%, and CTR by 232.9%
- Produced on-brand marketing videos and customer testimonial videos
- Designed logo and homepage mockups for website
Content Writer / Editor / Producer Volunteer
Real iDeal Radio Marketing Podcast on KPSU College Radio | Apr 2017 – Jun 2017
Wrote, produced, and hosted weekly marketing podcast on KPSU at Portland State University.
- Increased year-over-year unique website visitors by 61.6%, total visitors by 24.3%, and total page views by 8.6%
- Planned and managed content distribution for ten 60-minute shows
- Interviewed entrepreneurs and business executives for featured stories
- Monitored online sources to write and report breaking news updates
Manager, Small Business Unit
Capital One (Formerly HSBC) | May 2012 – Dec 2015
Led team of 17+ service specialists in achieving goals, driving performance, encouraging teamwork, and delivering best in class customer service.
- Led team that redesigned corporate communication platform
- Participated in strategic planning sessions for monthly and annual events
- Produced promotional materials for two employee recognition programs
- Chaired local committee for national idea-generation program
Training Manager, Bilingual (Spanish)
Capital One (Formerly HSBC) | Jan 2010 – Apr 2012
Managed OJT (on-the-job-training) program, trained and coached new employees, mentored future leaders, and liaised with leadership, on-boarding manager, and remote project team to develop and streamline OJT program.
- Chaired National OJT Committee and led efforts to improve OJT
- Led training of 200+ new employees on 5+ systems
- Produced daily progress reports for management team
- Prepared and facilitated training curriculum for new hire classes
Sales Manager, Bilingual (Spanish)
Capital One (Formerly HSBC) | Aug 2005 – Dec 2009
Managed sales team, monitored overall team performance including call quality, efficiency, calls per hour, and sales rates.
- Consulted 25+ managers and shared best practices, increasing sales by 8%
- Trained 40+ bilingual sales associates on assignment in Mexico City
- Consistently achieved top team quality scores
- Managed monthly budget for team of 16+ sales associates
Business Strategy, Capstone (BA495) – OHSU
Portland State University, Fall 2017
- Hosted daily video chats with team to collaborate and drive performance
- Set clear vision, built morale, and guided team through work process
- Performed market research and situation analysis for new product launch
- Developed a business plan and alternative futures
Marketing Strategy & Management (MKTG464) – SB Honors Track
Portland State University, Fall 2017
- Developed integrated marketing plan for PSU business honors program
- Conducted SWOT analysis, built buyer personas, and profiled key competitors
- Gathered key data through in-person interviews with students and faculty
- Outlined marketing strategies for product, pricing, distribution, and promotion
BA, Marketing – Dept. GPA 3.81 | Portland State University 2017
BA, Spanish | University of Oregon 2000
Google Analytics – Google Academy for Ads, Feb. 2018
Digital Marketing – Portland State University CEPE, Jun. 2017
Project Management – Portland State University CEPE, Aug. 2016
Agile Scrum Master – Scrum Alliance, Oct. 2015